Lately, it seems everywhere I look I see the enemy reeking havoc in this world. I see his relentless attacks on marriages and relationships. There is nothing holding the enemy back from targeting our children, the helpless, the vulnerable. The enemy has been coming on fierce and strong using all tactics to carry out his evil plan to make us believe his lies. Sometimes I fall victim to what the enemy is trying to do. I become weak and weary from fighting against his evil schemes.
Then God reminds me, there is nothing the enemy can do to ever change what He has already done for us. We can rest in His plan, that one day there will be no more sorrow, or pain that we can rejoice because of what He has done for us (Rev. 21:4).
God reminds me in my weariness, that my fight isn’t against flesh and blood, but against all the powers of this dark world (Eph. 6:12). He tells me to keep fighting the right fight with my prayers, not my weak self. He tells me to keep standing firm in his truth; it will protect and provide me with peace.
No matter how bad things get in this world. No matter how bleak our situations may seem, we can trust in God’s truth and promises of who He is and what He has already done. We can rejoice even in all the chaos.
7 Things the Enemy Can Never Change:
1. God Will Prevail- The victory has already been won. Nothing the enemy can do, can ever change the resurrection of Jesus. “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die, Do you believe this?” John 11:25
2. God is All Powerful- Nothing is stronger or more powerful than God’s strength. “The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” Psalm 27:1.
3. God’s Love- Nothing the enemy can do, can ever change God’s love for you. His love, loves you unconditionally. Nothing is bigger or better than God’s love. Nothing you can do can make God love you less or more than He already does. You are loved and accepted for who you are right now. Only God’s love has the power to redeem, restore, renew, forgive and love unconditionally. Something the enemy can never do. God would have never sent Jesus if He didn’t love you. “For God so loved the world, He gave his one and only son, who ever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life!” John 3:16
4. The Light of Jesus- No matter how dark it gets in this world, nothing can never extinguish the light of Jesus. In fact the darker it gets the brighter the light of Jesus shines. “…I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12
5. God’s Truth- God’s truth never changes. It stays the same. God’s truth is eternal, everlasting. When the things of this world fade away, rust, mold and decay God’s truth still stands, nothing can destroy it. Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6
6. Your identity in who God says you are- You are accepted and loved no matter what the enemy tries to tell you. Don’t believe his lies, you are loved! God does not make mistakes. He has made you the way you are, for a specific reason and purpose. “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” Psalm 139:14
7. He is the Source and Provider for all Things Eternal- God is the source and provider of our eternal joy, love, hope, peace, freedom and life. Nothing the enemy can do, can change God’s eternal plan. On earth, the enemy will try everything to take away your joy, your freedom, your hope. We can rejoice even in our suffering like Jesus, because when God is our provider, we have an abundant supply of everything He has to offer. We will never be hungry, thirsty or depleted of joy or hope when God is our provider. Everything He provides is abundant and eternal. “Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty” John 6:35.
When you feel the heat of the battle turning up you can rejoice because….
God Will Prevail.
When you feel like you are in the trenches fighting hard against the enemy. You can rejoice because…..
God Will Prevail.
When you feel the relentless attack of the enemy armies coming on fierce and strong, you can rejoice because…..
God Will Prevail.
This post was first published on www.heathergillis.com.