|“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.”
Tis the Season……
Everyone is getting ready for Holidays. Preparing baked goodies, getting ready for parties and buying Christmas gifts! It takes a lot of time, preparation and planning to find the perfect gift for that someone special.
Have you ever received a gift so perfect you remember the joy and excitement you felt when you opened it? I bet you could tell me what the gift was and how you felt when you received and opened it.
As a parent, I bet you can remember that special gift you gave your child and the joy you received watching them open it and their reaction after receiving it.
Giving Gifts is a great way of showing another person that they are special and how much you care for them. A gift is only a gift if it is received, accepted then opened, otherwise it’s just a box with a gift in it. What good is a gift if it is never opened and received?
I am sure many of you have heard the phrase ‘The reason for the season.’ Christmas is not only a time to celebrate the birth of Jesus but to give and open gifts. Did you know that God has given you gifts to open this Christmas?
Here are 7 Gifts God is Waiting for Us to Open:
God himself is the gift. We receive these gifts when we accept and open His gift.
1. God’s Power– God offers us the most amazing things when we open up his power. There is power in His forgiveness, healing, restoration, renewal, redemption, and love. His power helps us build strong foundations and gives us strength. God’s power is endless and capable to do the impossible.
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” 2 Corinthians 5:17
“In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace.” Ephesians 1:7
2. The Holy Spirit– When we open God’s power, we receive the most amazing gift of all–The Holy Spirit. We are able to receive God’s power because of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit fulfills God’s promise that He is always with us and will never leave us.
And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Acts 2:38 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom” (2 Cor 3:17).
3. His Promises– There are over 6,000 promises in the Bible and God will keep every single one of them. He is the God of promise. We can trust in His promises. God is a God of peace, hope, joy, love, freedom, faithfulness, grace and so much more. When we open up his promises we receive all of His promises, they will never disappoint or fail us.
“And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:19).
“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11
4. His Truth– We discover more of who we are and who God really is in his truth for us. God’s truth never changes, it stays the same no matter how this world changes. God has given us one of the best gifts of all, The Bible. It is filled with his Truth and Promises that we can trust in. Opening the Bible is one of the best ways to receive all of God’s gifts. It equips, prepares us, and unlocks God’s power within us.
“And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free” (John 8:32).
“The wise are mightier than the strong, and those with knowledge grow stronger and stronger” (Proverbs 24:5).
5. Salvation– “For God so loved the world he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16 God loved us so much that He sacrificed His only son, someone who never sinned, but took our place for our sins. God’s salvation not only offers eternal life in Heaven, but salvation from our sin and our struggles in this world. When we have Christ, we have freedom. What’s so amazing about this gift is everyone has the opportunity to become saved, Salvation is available for all no matter who we are.
6. Eternal Life– Not only has God given us the gift of life, but has given us the unimaginable gift of eternal life in Heaven when we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior. “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:23).
7. His Lovingkindness– James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above. God’s Love and His gifts are perfect in every way. If He didn’t love us, He wouldn’t offer us all of these gifts. These gifts are His way to show how much He really Loves Us! We don’t have to wait until Christmas to open these gifts, they are available for to open Now! When we open God’s love we receive His gifts of grace, peace, hope, freedom and joy!
“For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God.” Ephesians 2:8
Did you know that You are God’s gift? You are his perfect gift. He makes all things beautiful. And you my friend are God’s beautiful gift. The same way you receive joy watching your child open a gift, is the same way God receives joy when you open your gifts he has given you. God’s gifts are meant to opened, don’t leave them sitting in a box.
God gives the most amazing gifts! Have you received and opened the most important gift of all this Christmas, Jesus himself? When you receive Jesus, you receive all of His gifts.
Don’t miss out on God’s gifts for you this Christmas. Wishing you much Peace this Christmas Season!
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid” (John 14:27).
What Gift(s) has God given you that you cherish the most? Please share below!
Want to know more about the Christmas Story? Join me every Monday as we learn more about the birth of Jesus and His impact in our lives.
A revised version of this post was first published on www.heathergillis.com.
If you want to know more about how you receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior this Christmas please comment below I want more information or privately message us on our Alaska Christian Women’s Ministry page.