Worry is our way to try to control the situation and to try to handle things on our own. Even though we know worry will never change our situation, we still do it. The only thing worry does is take away our joy and steal our ability to be present in the present.
Our situations will happen whether we worry about it or not. Worrying will never add a single hour to our life (Matthew 6:27), nor will it change our circumstances. There will always be something to worry about.
How we respond to our situations, will enable us to enjoy life’s present moments.
“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” Matthew 6:34
It is easier said then done to say ‘Do not worry,’ but It Is possible to learn how to be Present in the Present and not allow worry to steal your joy anymore. When worry starts seeping in remind yourself of these 3 things.
How to Live in the Moment and Take One Day at a Time-
1. Seek God first in Prayer– Instead of worrying about our situations, start praying about it. If we put the same amount of energy into praying as we did worrying, imagine what God could do with our situations? Worry takes God out of the equation and puts the trust in ourselves, not God. Allow God to walk with us in our struggles, by seeking Him in prayer. Lay it on Him, give God all of your worries, fears, anxieties and doubts. Tell Him every detail. God will use what we are going through for something better, our struggles are never wasted.
2. The Power of Gratitude- A thankful heart is a happy heart. Sometimes our situation can seem somber, but when we look around at all that we have been blessed with, it can make our situation seem not so bad.
Life isn’t about picking and choosing all the good moments and Then rejoicing in them, it’s about learning how to accept and embrace all of the moments, whether they are good or bad and rejoicing in them.
Being Thankful will help you:
• Live in contentment with what we have, which turns what we have into enough and more than we will ever need.
• Change our focus to something positive keeping our focus away from our worry.
• To experience joy now by embracing our circumstances and not waiting until our circumstances change.
3. Be Present in the Present- Don’t go ahead of God. As a mother I am always telling our young children hold my hand in the parking lot. I tell them if they try to go ahead of me, cars will not see them and they could be hit by a car. The same thing with God, when we worry and fear, we are going ahead of God, not allowing Him to be the one in control. The best way to be filled with God’s Peace, is to be Present in the Present. Being Present allows God to fill us with His peace and to live in contentment with what God has given us. Let God handle it, He’s got it. Trust in His Ways, I promise they are so much better and greater than ours.
God has designed us for so much more. Not to live a life filled with worry but with His eternal hope, peace, joy and freedom. Allowing God to have our worries, doubts and fears will allow him to turn them into something so much better. When worry starts to seep in, stop to pray about what is troubling your heart, thank God for all you are thankful for and don’t allow yourself to go ahead of him. Stay Present in the Present. It will help you to Live life in the Moment and Take One Day at a Time. I promise God is with you and will be with you wherever you go (Joshua 1:9)!
Are you a worrier? Do you allow worry to take away life’s present moments? How do you get through what you are going through during hard times?
I would love to hear from you, Leave your Comments Below! May the God of Peace Fill you with Hope as you Trust in Him! Have a Blessed Week!
This blogpost was posted first on www.heathergillis.com.