I often felt a little lost as a parent, which is why I asked God to show me books that would provide good, Biblical advice. One author I absolutely love is Vicki Courtney. She has many books and Bible studies to help moms understand how to navigate raising children.
In her book Your Girl, Raising A Godly Daughter in an Ungodly World, Vicki states “As mothers, we must accept the reality of current times and live in today’s world, all the while doing all we can to influence tomorrow.”
When do moms allow the transition from a toy phone to an iPhone, from play make-up to real makeup, from ponytails to layered haircuts with dyed stripes?
While each mom must make the choice based on her own daughter’s personality and the family’s values, we must each consider the motive behind our child’s interest in the item before handing it over.
Do you have a daughter between 10-13 years of age?
Check out our next event! Click here for more information.
- How Sharing Our Opinion Actually Creates Division - August 15, 2017
- Conferences, Prayer, & Talking with Strangers: Fusion 2017 - August 8, 2017
- Falling Down In Front Of Someone Famous - July 25, 2017
- Where Are The Houses Of Prayer? - July 18, 2017
- Are You Caught in the Comparison Trap? - July 11, 2017