Ever have one of those weeks where you feel like you’ve been boiled in hot lava and then tossed off a cliff onto a pile of sharp rocks? Then when you muster the strength to try to get up, a stampede of buffalo tramples on what’s was left of you?
When things in your life get out of whack and it’s literally all you can do just to get out of bed, it’s hard to hold onto hope. So what do we do when life is falling apart at the seams and we don’t even know how to pray?
We must remind ourselves of the truth: We don’t have to face life’s storms alone!
We have the help and the comfort of an amazing God! We simply have to claim what He offers.
Here are some truths I’ve been trying to focus on for the past few days. When I study God’s word and pray without ceasing, I always feel my chin lift a little. I hope you find these truths encouraging when the rain comes your way!
– My flesh wants to run and hide, but God wants me to stay put. I may want God to change the situation, but He wants to change ME. He’s raising me to a new level of maturity and faith.
– God’s plan & purpose is far greater than my current discomfort. There’s something going on behind the scenes that is much bigger than me.
– He’s monitoring the heat of the furnace and pouring out the strength I need in each moment. He knows how much it will take to refine me and when to stop.
– The weight of some trials drives us to our face before God, utterly helpless. I flat out don’t have the ability to fix this; I am way in over my head and only God can get me out.
– God is serious about my sanctification; He uses trials to make us holy and grow our faith. He wants to change me at the deepest and most lasting level.
– Once I have passed this test, I will never want to go back to that person I was before.
Our hope is in Jesus! We may be “afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed.” 2 Corinthians 4:8&9